Wednesday, July 2, 2008

One More Day!

So it's finally here...the most anticipated part of the summer. We leave in one day (plus a few hours) on the mission trip to Philadelphia! It's the high schoolers that we go with and it is always amazing. This will be our first time to this location and I can't wait. So, I don't know all of what will happen on our journey but here are a few things I know for sure:

-Our mission is to impact people for Christ, to spread His love. Oh how I wish I has God's eyes to see what He sees.
-Someone WILL be impacted. Hopefully many and I know we will be part of the many. God always shows Himself in a mighty way when we quiet the distractions.
-Someone will cry....I will probably be among the first. I am a very happy person but am a bawl baby at times....God just brings me to tears...in a good way.
-I will without a doubt be asleep within an hour after leaving OKC. I have some sort of infant syndrome where riding in the car puts me and keeps me asleep. The last road trip I went on with Adam I slept from Arkansas to Alabama with0ut waking. I'm so strange.
-People will laugh at Adam's singing.
-We will argue over music
-God will be in control, and really, what else matters?

Tomorrow we will be fasting and in prayer that we can meet felt needs, and spread Christ on this journey, and bring a stronger, renewed passion back home with us! Then, on Friday it begins...


Be Blessed!

1 comment:

Kristin Nicole said...

interestingly enough, after about 40 some odd hours of driving I only slept for about 3. Hmmm...