Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Faith!

The following is part of an article that I had to read for a class I am taking and my thoughts on it:
***I have observed at least four types of change strategies.

Traditionalists defend their passively-acquired viewpoints and resistchange.

Free thinkers often abandon their second-hand world view with enthusiasm. Yet they are reluctant to commit themselves to any particular world view for fear of making a mistake or of losing the respect and support of influentual people.

Chameleons change world views as easily as they change clothes, eager to be among the early adopters of innovative trends in intellectual circles, to please others or to influence the decisions of others.

Yet I believe a fourth strategy is an even more powerful paradigm. I urge you to approach learning and knowing as a Humble seekers. Be prepared to accept the prerequisites of truth and not demand that truth come on your terms.***

My thoughts: Which are you? Which am I? Do we change what we believe as often as we change clothes like the chameleon to "fit in" and look like everyone else, ignoring our hearts calling to truth? Or maybe never stopping long enough to hear our hearts calling. Or maybe we are happy to be the free thinkers who do not fully hold on to any belief to protect ourselves from errors and inacuracies. Do we leave our minds open for something better or maybe just for the purpose of not offending others. For when we truely Believe we WILL offend somebody, often many. Many of us are Traditionalists who have been taught what to believe in but have never dove deep enough to even know why...to challenge why we think what we believe is right and to be open to the fact that maybe it isn't. I have learned that the fact do not always equal truth. Our ancestors once thought that the earth was flat. Were they stupid to think this? No. They were relying on many facts that they found. Facts do not equal truth.

I hope to always be the Humble Seeker. To know why I believe that Christ died for me and will come back to us one day. To not question God or ask for proof based on my terms. God does not reveal Himself based on our terms...never will.We all must decide which is more important- to know and believe the truth or with a lack of faith try to and hope to discover it on our own.Some of us do not want God to prove Himself to us, but to the whole world, so that what we know in our hearts to be truth would be revealed as fact to everyone around us. Wouldn't that make faith easier? Just one problem: that isn't faith.

No comments: