Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hooray for youth!

So...last night was awesome at youth! I love to see new, exciting things happen! We have had serious trouble finding a worship pastor so we are getting creative. Usually at worship people sing but they are very aware of who is around them. I don't know how but last night was different. We just played a few songs over the speakers and talked to them baout how you don't have to have somebody up front to look at...you can still sing to God. Last night I just took a moment during the second song to be silent and listen and what I heard was priceless. Teenagers giving their worship to God, singing louder than I have heard before and it was beautiful.
Service last night was about communion. Adam spoke all about what it means and why we do it. He told us three points about when we take it. One of them was about looking at our hearts...where are our hearts? What do we need to get rid of or give up? The second was about looking back at what Christ has done for us. The Bible tells us that when we drink the blood and eat the bread to do it in remembrance of Him. We remember His death that was all for us. Third, we look forward. We look to the day when every thing in our lives that is bad will be gone. When we can be with our Lord forever. I am sure I am not doing this sermon justice but trust me ... it was great!
Adam then asked everyone to come up when they are ready and take communion but to first reflect on those three things. Is there is something on the inside that we need to lay down at Christ's feet? If so do it....the blood of Christ is power and as we take communion we are taking the power of Christ to overcome anything. This really stuck out to me because there is one thing in my life that for four years now I have been trying to lay down...to give up and choose to never look back but to look forward towards the one who gives me strength. Over the past four years I have over and over again failed miserably. I have tried to lay it down and move forward but I have always kept in the back of my mind in case I should ever want to pick it up again. Well, as I reflected I knew I couldn't take communion and hold on to my sin. I took communion and I literally felt as though the power of the only one who could give me power I need was consuming my body. It was surreal. Normally when I want to let it go I cry and I think I am crying because I know deep down it isn't for good. This time there were no tears just a calm....a wonderful feeling that I had really let go and it was gone...FOR GOOD and that I didn't have to worry because His power will overcome we weakness!!!
Sorry this is so long....other than that...I got to see our youth take communion...some of them for the first time and THAT almost brought me to tears. :)
Then we had pizza and everyone played dodgeball and soccer and it was awesome!
And thank you to my wonderful husband who also teaches me every Wednesday night. I love you:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you... you amazing woman you!

Miss Kayleigh said...

six Flags was VERY MUCHO fun ! I rode a lot of rides I rode this one ride that went straight up and then back down! It was a roller coaster! I also rode the super man and the Texas Giat and the Titan! It was a lot of fun!